Monday 16 November 2009

Living in Los Angeles

I have lived in Los Angeles for a majority of my life. I feel that I know the city well, and that I have explored many of its niches, subcultures, and neighborhoods. Through my exploration I have come to the conclusion that every human in Los Angeles lives in a different Los Angeles due to their experiences, interests, family, and a number of other contributing factors (this is true of every city). I take great pride in this and in MY Los Angles. However, Los Angeles, like many famous cities, has a characterized image attached to it. As much as I laugh at the world's view of Los Angeles, I can't help but to acknowledge the depressing fact that the characterized world view is based has a degree of truth in it; but, this isn't all of Los Angeles. Like I said everyone lives in a different Los Angeles, and Los Angeles is a city of daunting proportion. The idea of assigning it one identity is impossible. For now the only true way of branding Los Angeles is YOUR NAME HERE's Los Angeles.

Simona

No comments:

Post a Comment