Friday 4 December 2009

Golden Beauty

The most beautiful thing I have ever seen is my second grade Halloween costume. I think that a context is necessary. I had decided to be the Golden Snitch from "Harry Potter" for Halloween. By the day before Halloween I still hadn't made my costume, this was incredibly stressful, especially for me: an anxiety-prone seven-year-old. I went to bed this night before Halloween in a panic; I wasn't going to have a costume. The next morning my mother woke me up and brought me into out dining room. My costume was laid out on the table. It was a golden, perfect beauty. It consisted of an oversized gold silk shirt that had the Hogwarts crest ironed on to it. The shirt had a liquid-y shimmer. My mother has attached beautiful wings made of crinkly gold foil, and white feathers. She decorated white tights with gold stars and spirals, and finished the costume with golden booties with curled toes. Every detail was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of an amazing story, who is this? (The one writing now is America, from LA)

    ReplyDelete